It is Sunday night after Thanksgiving. The past 3 and a half days have been nothing but indulging ourselves in the sweet delicious goodness that this holiday brings to us. Pumpkin pie, alcohol, stuffing and my favorite...MASHED POTATOES. I also had a second Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's house where I indulged myself even more, but had a fantastic time with my family. I have been doing okay on what I have been eating, drinking green smoothies every morning and cutting out carbs and white breads...until this weekend. To be honest though, I deserved it.
Lately, I have been feeling a little down. I don't know if it is because of there's nothing big in my life going on or that I have to look forward to, or that I have been faced with not moving out from my parents house until I am finished with grad school. I feel like this feeling of "mehhh" is what a lot of post grads have to deal with during this time. And what can you do?
I have been on a hunt for a new church that I can call home. I have taken it upon myself to ask my new testament professor who I fully trust to recommend some churches. I went to one of those churches and I found some peace that I haven't felt in a long time. I have been missing practicing faith in my life, and I miss it. I want to find an out to this rut I am in, and after this week of Thanks, I hope to do that. I pray to God to keep me on track.
But as the One Who called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all your conduct and manner of living.
— 1 Peter 1:15
No comments:
Post a Comment